WiFi Package is an innovative way to grow your database automatically and keep your customers coming back for more.
But for WiFi Package to really work its magic, your customers and potential customers need to:
- be aware that you have free guest WiFi
- sign up to use it
- choose to receive marketing material from you by ticking the box on your sign-up form.
The last point is key now that GDPR is in effect; customers need to opt in to receive your marketing material before you may contact them with information and offers.
We’ve compiled some tips to help you increase WiFi awareness and uptake so you can get the maximum value out of your WiFi Package.
- Create an offer to encourage customers to sign up to your database, e.g. ‘Free beer on your next visit when you subscribe to Thirsty Horse Tavern news’.
- Promote the offer inside your venue, with posters and table talkers, so it’s visible to your customers.
- Promote the offer online through your website and social media.
- Place ‘Free WiFi’ stickers out the front of your business, on your entry door or window.
- Get your staff involved and train them to encourage sign-ups.
- Keep an eye on your WiFi hardware and ensure it’s always on.
- Ensure your functions customers know about your free guest WiFi, e.g. by placing a sticker on your projection screen.
- Reward your regular customers by using guest WiFi data to inform your loyalty program (ask us how).
- Log into TalkBox regularly and watch your database grow!