What is mirror mode?
In mirror mode, TalkBox contact data mirrors your external member data, ensuring your member records are consistent across both platforms and details such as points balances are correctly merged in communications.
In standard mode, TalkBox uses email addresses and mobile numbers to determine whether contacts are unique. (If someone signs up to a database with two different email addresses, he/she is treated as two unique contacts in TalkBox.)
In mirror mode, TalkBox uses an external member ID provided by your member management system to identify contacts. This can be beneficial if your system allows members to share contact details (e.g. Bob and Janice share the email address email@example.com; in mirror mode Bob and Janice are recognised as two unique contacts).
Mirror mode can be implemented when TalkBox has an integration with your member management system; it's most commonly used with member loyalty and gaming systems.
If you're using TalkBox in mirror mode, it is important that the IDs coming from your member management system are unique. If your system does not enforce uniqueness of member IDs or allows IDs to be reused you will not be able to use TalkBox in mirror mode.
Note: not sure which membership system ID your TalkBox account uses? Click here to find out.
Requirements for mirror mode
In order to use TalkBox in mirror mode you must:
- Have an operational requirement for TalkBox to reflect your external membership system.
- Intend to use TalkBox only for communications to members in your external membership system.
- Have an automated integration with the external membership system supplying the member data.
Features of mirror mode
In addition to the above data limitations Mirror Mode has some key features to ensure your external membership data is handled correctly in TalkBox:
- Mirror fields are read-only fields while correlate directly to the same fields in your external system. These fields are view-able in TalkBox but are locked from editing. Only updates made in your external system will update these fields.
- Contact editing and creation are limited in Mirror Mode. Contacts can only be created via the integration with your external system and only non-mirror fields can be edited in TalkBox.
- Contact uploads are set to update contacts only. No new contacts will be made via an upload and updates will only apply to non-mirror fields and tags for existing contacts (see Mirror mode: uploading & tagging contacts and Mirror mode: using forms to gather data for details).
- TalkBox forms are not available for use in Mirror Mode.
Limitations of mirror mode
The key limitations of mirror mode are:
- All TalkBox contacts must originate from your membership system.
- Contacts must have an external ID from your membership system in order to receive communications; this includes contacts receiving test messages.
- Contacts who share an email address or mobile number may receive a communication more than once if they're both eligible to receive it.
- Contacts without an email address or mobile number will be added to your TalkBox database via the automated integration, but you won't be able to communicate with them until their contact details have been added in your member management system.
If you currently use mirror mode and have any questions or are interested in switching your TalkBox account to mirror mode please contact our support team.