Welcome emails are the first email that a new subscriber receives when they join your email list. They are an opportunity to create a strong first impression, build a relationship with your contacts and give your products more exposure. Welcome emails often have some of the highest open rates. Generally, a welcome email is sent one day after a contact is added to your TalkBox account. How they are added will depend on your sign up method. Contacts may be added via an integration with your loyalty system, your in venue WIFI, a TalkBox form or direct data entry.
Step 1 – Navigate to automated communications
Navigation: Communicate > Automated > Date Triggered
Click ‘add new date triggered communication’ then select your send channels and template.
Step 2 – Develop your content
- Create a meaningful subject line and preheader text. For example ‘Welcome Aboard’ or ‘Thank you for joining.’
- Showcase your brand in the header and footer of your campaign.
- Ensure your communication is nicely designed with clean and clear content to ensure it’s visually appealing.
- Keep it brief – aim to have a word count of between 50 and 100 words welcoming your new customer, set the tone of your relationship and promote your products.
- Consider a call to action. For example ‘Book now’ ‘Find out what’s on’ or ‘see you soon.’
- Consider adding a merge field for personalisation. For example, add a ‘first name merge field’ so a customer called John would receive a message titled ‘Welcome John’. Or you might like to include a member number. Click here for more information on merge fields.
- Consider formatting your welcome email like a letter with a headshot of your General Manager and their signature.
- Consider adding a button with a link to another page or a form. Click here for more information on adding buttons.
- Consider giving them a gift or a discount to encourage them to come back.
- Consider adding a voucher with an offer. Click here for more information on vouchers.
Step 3: Preview your campaign and send yourself a test
- Once you have finalised your artwork click preview and continue.
- Click on send a test and insert your email address.
- To see how your design will appear to subscribers on different devices keep clicking through the preview and continue screens.
Step 4: Select recipients
- Click on ‘All contacts’
Step 5: Select the send time
- Send the communication 1 day after sign up
Step 6: Confirm your campaign
- Click confirm.
- Click launch it.
An additional step – start a series
You can start a welcome series or an automated follow-up sequence by adding other communications 30 days or 60 days after sign up with offers or any other information you’d like to share to get your new subscriber to return visit.