A welcome email is a message sent to new subscribers after they join your email list, usually the next day.
It’s an opportunity to create a strong first impression, build a relationship and give your products more exposure. Welcome emails tend to have high open rates, too.
Follow the steps below to set up an automated welcome-email template, then sit back and enjoy the benefits!
Step 1: Create a Welcome Message
- Click on the ‘Communicate’ tab, select ‘Automated’, then ‘Date Triggered’.
- Click ‘Add new date triggered promotion’, then select your send channels and template.
- Enter a relevant subject line and preheader text, e.g. ‘Welcome aboard’or ‘Thank you for joining’.
- Add your branding to the top of your communication.
- Write a brief message — aim for 50-100 words — that welcomes your new customer, sets the tone of your relationship and promotes your products or venue.
- Personalise your email with merge fields, such as a customer’s first name.
- Add a call-to-action button, e.g. ‘Book now’ or ‘Find out what’s on’.
- Offer a gift or discount to encourage customers to come back; this could be in the form of a voucher.
- Format the email like a letter and add your general manager’s headshot and signature.
Example of Mantana Restaurant's Welcome Email
Step 2: Preview and Launch Your Communication
- Ensure your communication is clear and visually appealing. Once you’ve finalised your artwork click ‘Preview and continue’.
- Recommended: Click ‘Send a test’, enter your email address and click ‘Send’. Check the test email to ensure you’re happy with it; if not, keep editing.
- To check how your email will appear on different devices, keep clicking ‘Continue’.
- Select your recipients and ‘Continue’.
- Select your send time (1 day after signup date) and ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Confirm’ and ‘Launch it’.
Bonus: Create Follow-up Communications
You can start a welcome series by adding other communications 30 days or 60 days after signup, with offers or information to entice your new subscribers to visit again.
Please contact our support team if you would like assistance setting up a welcome email.