How data integrations work
- You provide us with an ongoing, reliable flow of POS, loyalty and/or gaming data, or set up data delivery via your data vendor(s). This will require the involvement of your IT team.
- We collect the data on a daily basis using Pipeline, our data-transfer tool.
- For package customers only (Clubs and WiFi Packages): We analyse your data with our Enlight processing engine. We predict customers’ future behaviour, based on their spending habits, purchase preferences and frequency of visits. Then we assign calculated fields to each customer (e.g. ‘expected next visit’) so we can target them with your promotions. (For more information about our packages visit the Clubs Package and WiFi Package pages on our website.)
- We upload the new data into TalkBox via Pipeline.
Your data responsibilities
It is your responsibility to ensure we receive the data required — we cannot access information on your servers or network. If we don’t have reliable data delivery, any data calculations (such as ‘expected next visit’ dates) will be incorrect.
Please ensure your IT team is aware of our requirements:
- Regular, reliable delivery of the data — vendor data requests need to come from your venue (which has a relationship to the vendor), not Impact Data
- Maintenance to ensure the data is flowing reliably
We can accept data export files in the following ways:
- File transfer via S/FTP
- File transfer via third-party data-transfer software
- Email with data files attached
The following table outlines the data-transfer methods used:
Data — vendors and responsibilities
for data delivery
|Loyalty||IGT||[email protected]||Third-party software||You|
|eBET — Odyssey||[email protected]||Third-party software||You|
|eBET||[email protected]||Third-party software||You|
|Satin||[email protected]||Third-party software||You|
|MaxGaming||API||Impact Data & vendor|
|Intouch||[email protected]||Email with attachments||You|
|Aristocrat||API||Impact Data & vendor|
|POS||Bepoz||[email protected]||Email with attachments||Impact Data & vendor|
|Jensen||[email protected]||Third-party software||You|
|Vectron||[email protected]||S/FTP||Impact Data & vendor|
|SwiftPOS||<specific to venue>||S/FTP||Vendor|
|H&L||[email protected]||S/FTP||Impact Data & vendor|
|IdealPOS||[email protected]||S/FTP||Impact Data & vendor|
Impact Data automatically integrates your data with TalkBox (for clients with data integrations) on a daily basis at a set time. This makes it easy to check if your TalkBox database is up to date with new members and other changes (please allow 24 hours for syncing to occur).
If we are integrating your loyalty data with TalkBox, you can take the following steps to ensure the data is correctly synced:
- Log into your TalkBox account and select the ‘Contacts’ tab on the dashboard.
- Click on the ► button next to ‘Signup date’ to display the newest contacts on top.
- Navigate through the list and check that your newest contacts in TalkBox match your loyalty database.
Note: any data that you update in TalkBox (e.g. change of member address) is not communicated back to your POS, loyalty or gaming systems; you must edit that information at the source, which will then flow through to TalkBox.
If you notice a large discrepancy between your current loyalty database and your TalkBox database, contact the IT support person at your venue who is responsible for looking after your data integrations.
For support with IGT, eBet, Odyssey, Jensen, Bepoz/Vectron and SwiftPOS integrations, this article may help.
If your TalkBox data is not syncing properly and your IT team has investigated the issue, contact our support team on (03) 9827 7790 or email [email protected].