Send TalkBox vouchers and redeem them directly at a SwiftPOS terminal!
TalkBox has a self-contained voucher system. This means a voucher can be created and issued from TalkBox, scanned with a TalkBox mobile app and the redemption information sent back to TalkBox.
TalkBox vouchers have been designed to integrate with other hardware scanners, not just the TalkBox mobile apps. We’ve made it easy for other developers to make their own TalkBox voucher scanning and redemption systems. This is particularly useful when businesses already have scanning hardware and want to add TalkBox voucher scanning but not more scanners.
SwiftPOS provides point of sale systems that support vouchers that are redeemed and applied directly to a transaction at the point of purchase. These vouchers can have sophisticated discount rules including discounts and giveaways that depend on other purchases.
TalkBox and SwiftPOS vouchers can be integrated so that a TalkBox voucher can be backed by a SwiftPOS voucher. This means vouchers created and issued from TalkBox can be scanned at a SwiftPOS terminal and have all the features of SwiftPOS vouchers. To do this a voucher is created in each system and the TalkBox voucher is given the id of the SwiftPOS voucher, this connects the vouchers from the two systems. These composite vouchers:
- can be issued and by TalkBox,
- can be scanned and redeemed at a SwiftPOS terminal,
- support native SwiftPOS voucher functionality.
To set this up you need to configure two vouchers, one in each system. Note that this is only available in SwiftPOS Touch version 6 and above.
CREATE A SWIFTPOS VOUCHER
Below is an example of a Voucher setup in the Back Office for a Free Main Meal Voucher.
This screen is accessed via SwiftPOS Back Office > Vouchers/Raffles/Discounts > Voucher Actions.
Set the Voucher Parameters
- Voucher Name - Enter a meaningful name here such as “Free Main Meal”.
- Design for this Voucher - Select any design as it will not be used, the voucher is issued by TalkBox so the design as seen by the customer is handled there.
Set the issue trigger
- Issue Type - Set to Manual issue only and issue once from the Back Office. Once the Voucher Parameter Edit screen has been completed, saved and closed the new Voucher will be assigned a Voucher ID. Note the Voucher ID (from the SwiftPOS Back Office > Vouchers/Raffles/Discounts > Voucher Parameters screen), as this is required for configuring the Voucher in TalkBox.
- Family/Single Product - Select the Family of Products or single Product that the Voucher is valid for.
- Qty to sell - Set to 1.
Set the Redemption Triggers
- Trigger Type - Set to Multi Use.
- Start/End Date - Recommend setting to ensure an open period. Expiry of Vouchers is handled by TalkBox.
- Total Uses - Recommend setting to 9999.
Then issue the Voucher from the Back Office. This will create an entry in the Voucher Ledger to ensure the Voucher can be redeemed at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal.
SwiftPOS Touch Setup
The SwiftPOS terminal need to be configured to recognise TalkBox vouchers. This is done just once by setting up a ‘card mask’ for TalkBox vouchers. To do this go to:
SwiftPOS Touch > Tools > Basic Tools > Terminal Settings > Peripheral List > Barcode Scanner > Edit
- Select the Set Card Masks button and add a Talkbox Voucher Card Type. This will ensure the that a QR barcode scanner can be used to scan a Talkbox Voucher.
- Enter the mask "(https://talkbox)##########X". Ensure there are enough '#' characters to cater for the entire length of the Voucher's URL, in practice this is 135.
- Ensure the added Card Mask is enabled.
CREATE A TALKBOX VOUCHER
- Navigate to Tools > Vouchers to manage the vouchers in your TalkBox account.
- Click the 'New Voucher' button to create your voucher. You'll see the main screen where you control all aspects of your voucher. (The text you enter here is never presented to the customer, it's only used in TalkBox or the mobile scanning app.)
- Create a voucher in the normal way by setting descriptive text, expiry parameters and optional voucher lifecycle communications.
- Add the relevant SwiftPOS voucher ID to TalkBox. This is the number in the ID column of the voucher ledger in your SwiftPOS Back Office suite. This must be added to the ‘User Data’ field in TalkBox as a key/value pair. The key (first field) must be exactly “voucher_id”, the value is the voucher id, “36” in the example below.
ISSUING VOUCHERS FROM TALKBOX
TalkBox vouchers are issued by including them in communications. All vouchers in your TalKBox account are available in the editor to be included at the composition stage. Vouchers are usually sent as part of an email but they can be sent via SMS by including them in an online flyer linked to from the content of the SMS.
- Drag the voucher block onto the email or flyer to include it.
- Select the voucher you want to include with the drop down panel.
- Control the alignment and size of the QR code using the options on the left.
- You can add many different vouchers in one campaign.
REDEEMING A VOUCHER AT A SWIFTPOS TERMINAL
TalkBox vouchers will be automatically recognised by the SwiftPOS terminal. A scanned voucher will display on-screen information that requires no prior knowledge of TalkBox. For example, scanning a valid voucher will display a dialog on the SwiftPOS terminal like this.
If a valid voucher is redeemed, the corresponding SwiftPOS voucher is found and the SwiftPOS voucher functionality such as applying a discount, is executed. The redemption information is also sent back to the TalkBox server so this voucher cannot be reused and the redemption event is available in TalkBox for reporting and targeting future communications.