If you would like to reduce your database size by deleting any unsubscribed and/or contacts with unreachable emails/mobiles, you can use easily do this through a combination of Export, Filter, Upload & Tag, and Deleting in the My Contacts Section.
Step 1: Export All Contacts
- Go to the Contacts > My Contacts section of TalkBox
- Click the 'Export All' button on the right hand side.
- Once the file is prepared, click the Download link.
Step 2: Filter the contact export
- Using the CSV file, sort & filter for contacts based on either (or combination of) Unsubscribed is True, Unreachable Email is True, or Unreachable Mobile is True.
- Delete the unnecessary columns, keeping the email address and mobile number, and save as a new CSV (ie: "Delete-Contacts.csv")
Step 3: Upload and Tag
- Go to the Contacts > Upload section of TalkBox
- Begin uploading the new CSV file.
- When you reach the Mapping and Tagging stage, ensure you tag the contacts (ie: "To be deleted").
- Let the upload complete before moving to Step 4.
Step 4: Deleting Contacts
- Go to Contacts > My Contacts
- Click "Filter", and use the criteria: Tags - is any of - "To be deleted"
- With the results, click the "Select all" on the left hand side to select the filtered contacts.
- Click the "Delete" button on the right hand side.
The deletion may take a few minutes to finish processing, depending on the number of contacts being deleted.