TalkBox webforms allow you to integrate your account with your website. These forms can facilitate a number of functions. For example, these forms allow customers to sign-up to your mailing list and make online booking or event enquiries.
Navigate to Tools > Forms
Step 1: Select the Type of Form
TalkBox has three types of webforms: Signup Buttons, Hosted Forms and Embedded Forms. Please refer to the glossary to determine which form best suits your campaign.
This article will take you through setting up a Hosted or Embedded Form. You can find out more about Signup buttons by reading the article 'Adding a Signup Button to your Website'.
Step 2: Create a Hosted or Embedded Form
- Click either 'Hosted Forms' or 'Embedded Forms' depending on your need.
- Click the 'Add new embedded form' or 'Add new hosted form' button.
Step 3: Style your form
Hosted and Embedded forms are highly configurable, using the TalkBox drag and drop editor to add fields, as well as additional text and images.
Add new fields to the form by dragging a 'Field' into the form:
Select the type of field you wish displayed by choosing an option from the section to the left:
Once you have created the layout for your webform, click 'Settings and Continue' at the top right to proceed.
Step 4: Customising the Form Settings
Select who can fill out your form:
- Add or update contacts: Contacts already in the database will be overwritten. We match on both email address and mobile number.
- New contacts only: Contacts already in the database will not be accepted. We match on both email address and mobile number.
Select what happens when the form is submitted:
- Change the confirmation message, or redirect to a webpage.
- Tag contacts who fill out this form - important if you are running a competition, voucher, update details promotion, etc.
- Set up a notification email when the form is completed - to yourself, membership manager, etc.
- Send a message, that will be sent when the form is completed, depending on who is completing it.
- For greater control over the appearance of the form, you can use an External CSS. Check with your website developer on how you to utilise this option.
- Click ‘Done’ to finalise your form.
Step 5: Get the Code
- Click the words 'Get the embed code' next to the name of your form.
For Hosted Forms, you can use this URL link as you would any normal link. For Embedded Forms, use the code to embed this form into your own website. Once added, you can edit and update your form in TalkBox.