TalkBox allows you to create fields to manage your database.
To manage fields navigate to Contacts > Fields
Step 1: Create Custom Fields
Your account comes with a number of standard fields.
- Click ‘New Field’ to create additional custom fields.
- Name your field and select the field type.
- Click 'Create field' once you have named and selected your field.
Summary of TalkBox Field Types
Text: Written information such as a first name.
Yes/No: A binary yes or no answer, such as 'would you like to receive marketing material?'
Single Choice: An answer to a question which can only be answered one way, such as gender. If someone changes their answer, the new answer will override the older answer.
Multiple Choice: An answer to a question which may require multiple answers, such as 'what areas are you interested in?' New answers can be added without removing old answers.
Number: A whole number figure, such as 'How many people will be attending?'
Date: Stores a date in DD/MM/YYYY format.
Decimal: A number that may include figures after the decimal point, such as points balance.
Step 2: Add Data To Your Field
- Now that your field is created you can upload data to be mapped to it. For full instructions on mapping fields refer to Step 3 in ‘Uploading Your Database.’
Step 3: Send Using Your Field
- Send communications by searching based on the data in their field.
- At the ‘Who’ stage of your send select 'filtered contacts' and select your field and answer from the drop downs as per below.
- For more information on the send process refer to ‘Sending Your First Communication.’