TalkBox has a self-contained voucher system. This means a voucher can be created and issued from TalkBox, scanned with a TalkBox mobile app and the redemption information sent back to TalkBox.
Standard TalkBox Voucher Workflow
- Create a voucher through Tools Section
- Add voucher block to outgoing promotion
- Recipient presents flyer with QR code to staff
- Staff scan the QR code with the mobile app
- Staff review the name and details of the voucher
- Staff press the Redeem button in the app, which is automatically updated in TalkBox
Selecting the appropriate scanning hardware may depend on various considerations, including your own organisational or personal preferences.
When using the Impact Data voucher scanning app, there are many options available for which type of device to use.
The device will need
- to run either Android version 6.0 or higher; or iOS version 8.0 or higher
- a camera with sufficient resolution to scan QR codes
- a connection to the internet
If you use SwiftPOS point of sale system, you can learn more about how to configure this with TalkBox by clicking here.
If you would like to build your own custom app, or your point of sale provider would like to integrate with TalkBox vouchers, click here.
While there are a large number of different devices available at various price points, we recommend considering known brands or vendors that can provide support for their devices should it be required.
Some of the cheaper Android devices may not be upgradable to version 6.0 and/or may not have a good enough camera to support QR code scanning.
To scan a TalkBox voucher:
- Open the scanner app.
- Click 'Scan a voucher'. This will activate your camera.
- Point the camera at the QR code and the scanner app will detect the code automatically.
- If the voucher is valid the scanner app will display a screen like this:
- Click 'Redeem this voucher' to redeem.
- Encourage members to swipe their membership card at the same time.
- Please note that it's possible to see what the voucher is for and that it's valid without actually redeeming it. If the voucher has already been used the app will display a screen detailing the date and time the voucher was redeemed.