Tags are a way to make groups of contacts in TalkBox. Tags are just words or labels that are added to contacts. For example, you might have a tag called ‘wine club member’ or ‘Friday Crowd’. Tags are a way of making arbitrary groups in your database on the fly. Contacts can have as many tags as you like.
Tag contacts on upload
You can tag many contacts at once when you upload them from a file. Please refer to Step 4, from Uploading your Database.
- Select an existing tag or make a new one, both the new and updated contacts will have that tag.
- Complete the upload process.
Tag communication recipients
Tags can be added to contacts based on how they interacted with your communications. For example, you can tag all contacts who opened a particular email or clicked a particular link.
To complete this, refer to the list of recipients in the communications report.
- Search for the contacts you want to tag.
- Select the contacts.
- Click the ‘Tag as’ button.
Tags on signup forms
Forms can be configured to automatically tag contacts. New contacts that come into your database via a particular form can be tagged in a way that's meaningful to you so you can find them again later.
- Navigate to the settings page of the hosted and embedded forms.
- Set up a new tag.
Using tags when sending
When specifying contacts to receive a communication you can specify tags that you want to send to. Note that specifying tags like this will include contacts with any of the tags, not just the contacts with all of the tags.
- Combine tags with other search criteria by building a filter that has a tag clause.
You can see all the tags you have by navigating to Contacts > Tags.
From here you can delete tags, click on a row to see all the contacts with a particular tag and rename tags.
Editing tags on individual contacts
- Go to a contact’s edit page and type in the tags field.
- If you’re typing a tag that already exists a drop down will appear.
- Remove tags by clicking the ‘x’.